Twin Screw Extruder
Twin-screw extruder is developed on the basis of single screw extruder, which avoids the disadvantages of single screw extruder such as poor feeding and poor plasticization. In a twin screw extruder, the raw material is added by the feeding device through the feeding port, and some additive materials also need to be added through the feeding port in the middle of the barrel, and the materials are melted and conveyed by the double screw to reach the machine out of the head opening die.
Twin screw extruder applications
Widely used in the processing of tubes, plates and profile products, the main applications are as follows.
Polymer reaction extrusion: PU, PA, POM, PMMA reaction molding.
Blending, filling modification: rubber-plastic blending (PP/EPDM, PP/POE, etc.).
Waste plastic recycling: recycling and utilization of polymers with different shapes, specific gravity and varieties.
Twin screw extruder composition and Principle
Double screw extruder consists of the following
- Transmission control system: composed of motor, gear reducer, etc.
- Heating and cooling system: heater and cooling device, by heating and cooling the barrel and screw to ensure that the process is completed within the range required by the process.
- Extrusion system: It is composed of screw, manifold, etc., which plasticizes the powdered plastic into soluble body under the effect of certain temperature and pressure, and then is continuously extruded into the head by the screw.
Twin screw extruder details and gallery
1.Transmission control system
Composed of motor, gear reducer, etc.
Powering the extrusion system and increases the efficiency of the entire machine.
2.Heating and cooling systems
Heater and cooling device, by heating and cooling the barrel and screw to ensure that the process is completed within the range required by the process.
The heating and cooling device is an important component of the temperature control system, and its reasonable design will affect the extruder’s production capacity product quality and energy consumption. The heating part of the extruder is mainly at the machine, and the heating mainly adopts electric heating. The extruder temperature is measured by thermocouple temperature sensor.
It is composed of screw, manifold, etc.
It is composed of screw, manifold, etc., which plasticizes the powdered plastic into soluble body under the effect of certain temperature and pressure, and then is continuously extruded into the head by the screw.
Features and advantage
- Continuous and stable delivery of melt
- Complete and uniform melt plasticization
- Twin-screw can pressurize, exhaust and homogenize
- High output, fast extrusion speed, low energy consumption per unit output
For detail and price of twin screw extruder, please refer to:
Note: Please feel free to give your inquiry in the form below. We will reply to you with details within 24 hours!